Quantcast

Unmarshalling multiple choice group references

Unmarshalling multiple choice group references

Stephan-37
Hi!

When unmarshalling this instance

<foo>
  <bar>bla</bar>
  <bar>blabla</bar>
</foo>

with castor 1.3 generated classes of this schema

<?xml version='1.0'?>
  <xs:group name="foobar">
    <xs:choice>
      <xs:element name="bar" type="xs:string"/>
    </xs:choice>
  </xs:group>
  <xs:element name="foo">
      <xs:complexType>
        <xs:sequence>
          <xs:group ref="foobar" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xs:sequence>
      </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

 I do get this exception:

org.exolab.castor.xml.MarshalException: Element with name bar passed to type foo in incorrect order; It is not allowed to be the last element of this sequence!{File: [not available]; line: 3; column: 8}
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.convertSAXExceptionToMarshalException(Unmarshaller.java:794)
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:760)
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:626)
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:840)
    at test.Test2.main(Test2.java:17)
Caused by: ValidationException: Element with name bar passed to type foo in incorrect order; It is not allowed to be the last element of this sequence!
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.util.XMLClassDescriptorImpl.checkDescriptorForCorrectOrderWithinSequence(XMLClassDescriptorImpl.java:340)
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.MarshalFramework$InternalXMLClassDescriptor.checkDescriptorForCorrectOrderWithinSequence(MarshalFramework.java:794)
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.UnmarshalHandler.startElement(UnmarshalHandler.java:1958)
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.UnmarshalHandler.startElement(UnmarshalHandler.java:1435)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:748)
    ... 3 more

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks.

Stephan

Re: Unmarshalling multiple choice group references

Werner Guttmann
Hi Stephan,

What version of Castor did you use before ?

Werner

Stephan wrote:

> [...]
> Source)
>     at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:748)
>     ... 3 more
>
> Is there any workaround for this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stephan

Re: Unmarshalling multiple choice group references

Hi Werner!

Well, I just tried it again with castor 1.1.2.1 and 1.2 and do get the same error.

  Stephan

Stephan wrote:
> [...]
> Source)
>     at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:748)
>     ... 3 more
>
> Is there any workaround for this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stephan

Re: Unmarshalling multiple choice group references

in that case, can you please raise a new Jira issue and attach all
relevant information ?

Regards
Werner

--------

> [...]

> >     at
> >
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> >     at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> >     at
> >
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> >     at
> >
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> >     at
> org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:748)
> >     ... 3 more
> >
> > Is there any workaround for this?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Stephan

Re: Unmarshalling multiple choice group references

timE

I'm recieving the same exception.  This worked fine with a previous version of Castor 0.9.9.1.  Trying to use 1.2.

Thanks,
Tim

Stephan-37 wrote

Stephan

Re: Unmarshalling multiple choice group references

Werner Guttmann
Hi,

if that's the case, then you've come across a regression issue. As
already stated in another reply to the original email, please open a new
Jira issue and attach all relevant artefacts so that we can replay the
issue.

Regards
Werner

P.S. Having said that, let me just add that a product can only be as
good as it's usage by the community. 1.2 has been available for more
than a year now, and i think it would have been great if we could have
included a fix for this regression issue (should it be one) with 1.3.
Well, well ...